Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It's like holding up a mirror.

Having kids that is. How else do you explain a thirteen month old who can't even speak yet, toting the receiver around like this? It's obvious someone in her life spends a lot of time on the phone and let's just say Mr. Maricucu is not much of a phone person.

Photobucket


Oh and she didn't just pick up the phone and hold it up like that briefly. Nooooo siree. This was all day. She was going on all dominican and babbling while heavily gesturing with her hands. Because obviously the person on the other end can see you right? Yeah well no one tell my abuelo who will give you directions and point them out with his hands. I can't speak too much about him though as Mr. Maricucu will be the first to tell you that he can tell when I'm talking to my family on the phone because 1) I'm so loud it sounds like I'm fighting and 2) yes, I talk with my hands, heck my whole body.

Apparently whoever she thought was on the other end of the line was getting a good what-for in baby speak. Look at that furrowed brow.

Photobucket


But I haven't just been trying to capture the baby in pictures. No ladies and gents I actually got around to starting my winter hat. I know, I said I was going to use some natural fisherman's wool but the red called to me and the caron simply soft spoke to my lazy side. I live with with two dogs that shed like the dickens and the only wool I keep around here so far covers diapered bottoms.

Photobucket


Of course the start of another knitting project means I remember one I've already got on the needles and must work on simultaneously. Doesn't everyone do this? I'm making progress on my mom's fussy hand towel.

Photobucket


And this, my friends is what happens when the baby puts down the phone long enough to find the knitting and pull off a good couple of rows. Oh that was so fun. Not.

Photobucket

No comments: