Monday, June 29, 2009

A simple bouquet

Photobucket


Did you know moms can get cranky too? I know, the horror! I remember being in utter shock when I first learned that my mom had feelings too and could get cranky. The other day I woke up on the wrong side of the room, not even the bed. It involved caffeine withdrawal and not enough sleep but needless to say the boys were tiptoeing around me and whispering to each other. After heading outside to play they each brought in a bouquet of dandelions. How could I not feel a bit better after this (and a little caffeine of course)? In order to extend the mood lifting benefits of a child gifted bouquet I placed them on my kitchen windowsill, right where I do the dishes.

Photobucket


Ahh, that's better. I think they're getting used to me saying, "wait, do you mind if I take a picture?" On the crafting front I have been knitting up a muslin of a slouchy winter hat for me. Yes, I like to think I'm early but really I'm late since I wanted this hat last year.

Photobucket


Coming up next - pie! Yes, the best ever sweet potato pie.* Other than that, I'm running around tidying a bit since my Mami is coming to visit and the kids are in a tizzy wanting abuela to be here yesterday. There will definitely be food and possibly a bit of crafting but most of all just lots of talking.

Photobucket


* "The best ever" is determined by Mr. Maricucu, being the lone original southerner in the household.

No comments: