Monday, July 27, 2009

Summer Shearing

I'm not a hairstylist by any stretch of the imagination but about three years ago I bought a Wahl clipper kit and figured I'd better learn before the boys were too particular about their hairstyles. I mean, three men going to cut their hair at a salon every two weeks adds up. Not to mention the hassle of setting aside time to go to an appointment and let's not even get into the freak out a certain young toddler had in the stylist's chair before the scissors even came out.

So I cut Mr. Maricucu's hair as well as the boys here at home. I cut my own hair too but that's a story for another day. Today I trimmed Mr. Maricucu and then realized that my oldest - blessed with an amazingly thick head of hair - needed a trim as well. We're talking out of control. My mom shudders when she hears me mention haircuts. She loves the thick, shaggy look which is kind of ironic for someone who kept my brother's hair about 1/4" long. I'm sorry mom, when even a wet combing won't bring down the crown, it's time to trim.

Photobucket


Ahhh, I feel refreshed just looking at him. He actually finds it much cooler with a closer cut.

Photobucket


Fortunately for me, my younger son has finer and lighter hair that means I can just use one comb all over. He's extremely ticklish and asks me if I'm done about two minutes into the haircut. I buzz him all over then do the sideburns and nape as quickly as I can. Forgive the scrapes on his face, he had an unfortunate encounter with the ground in the backyard. The ground won.

Photobucket


The baby and I didn't get haircuts today but she's sporting two new teeth and wanted to say hello to the family.

Photobucket

No comments: