Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ottobre pants.

Photobucket


Finally got around to finishing the Ottobre pants for my little girl. They are design #10 on page five of the Ottobre 1/2009 issue. Man I'm so sad I didn't cut out at least a half dozen of these in different colors. The extra long foldable cuff gives plenty of grow room without looking sloppy and the pants have just the right amount of ease for a very mobile little girl. I'll definitely be making her a few more although I will probably add about an inch to the rise since our cloth diapers need a good bit of room. I did end up applying two snaps on the shoulders of the tunic to bring the lap neck in a bit and compensate for not having stretched the binding more.

Photobucket


The closest thing to a modeling shot I'll ever get. She moves too fast for the camera these days. She's got plenty of room to grow with the arm and leg cuffs but I'm iffy on these lasting until next year. Thankfully the baby will inherit her hand me downs so all my work will get a bit more wear.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Ms Moreno said...

That outfit turned out so cute, i don't blame you for wanting to make more.. I see she likes to get into things like my little one =).

Margaret said...

sooooooooooo cute!

Lowell said...

Adorable! I'm going to attempt a dress up skirt (meaning it's made out of a material other than cotton) for Delaney's date with Daddy to the ballet next weekend. We'll see how it goes...

Marin!! said...

Awwww...so cute! Thankfully there will be another little lady who gets to enjoy this darling outfit too!

MommaMari said...

Thanks everyone!

Good luck Lowell I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job.