Wednesday, August 12, 2009

An unexpected gift

A couple of weeks ago I received this box in the mail. I wasn't really waiting on any packages, and the fedex guy came at an inconvenient time so I uncharacteristically set it on the book shelf and forgot to open it. I know, the horror. It was a few days before I remembered there was an unopened box in my home. Usually even when I'm not able to open boxes, the kids are just dying to tear into them ASAP.

Photobucket


One morning I shooed the older kids outside to play and opened my box. Then I remembered. Karen at Mommy's Favorite Children's Books had a giveaway and I won. Yes, again. No mom, I'm still not buying any lottery tickets. And no I'm not giving you the numbers I would play if I were to buy a ticket. My parents are hysterical.

Photobucket


My kids love I Spy Books and the oldest has even dabbled in the Where's Waldo genre. This one has a slight twist in that the objects to find are presented in riddle form. The boys honed in on the new book sitting in the room right away and it's become a favorite both for reading with momma as well as leisurely flipping through on their own. Now that, is a wonderful thing.

Photobucket


Thanks a bunch Karen!

Photobucket


No comments: