Friday, August 28, 2009

Grab a chair and let's catch up, shall we?

I like to keep a running list of future posts, gives me a working to do list of projects and keeps my ideas at the forefront instead of forgotten on some piece of rumpled paper at the bottom of my purse. Today I was supposed to be posting about this - pound cake and dulce de leche ice cream.

Photobucket


I was supposed to be working on this little table as well. I'm hoping to repaint it and no, I've never done anything like that before. We'll see how that goes.

Photobucket


Instead of posting about decadent ice cream and painting craigslist furniture, we're doing this. Yup, my two youngest and Mr. Maricucu down with some intestinal bug. Thank the Lord for small mercies that the same morning they fell ill, I had gone grocery shopping and we were stocked. Usually it's Mr. Maricucu that makes the last minute, "quick I need such and such homeopathic remedy from Wholefoods, a knob of ginger and this list of herbs."

Photobucket


So the kids and the daddy rested, while my oldest and I nursed them back to health. A little secret - I'm kind of a bumbling nurse. I start off all Florence Nightingale but by the end of the day I'm mumbling things under my breath and obsessively doing laundry to get a break in the laundry room. You can imagine that right about now my my hands need to do something creative but instead they are washing our household's collection of towels, sheets and covers. Not what I had in mind.

2 comments:

Marin!! said...

:( Sorry everyone is sick. It must be making the rounds. The boys had it last week here.

I hope you enjoyed your danger pudding ice cream though!

MommaMari said...

LOL thanks, yes I enjoyed it way too much. I also got the bug but thankfully mine lasted just a little bit.