Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Bonus gift

Photobucket

Mr. Maricucu's birthday present was oversized and came all in one piece. That was wonderful because a) I didn't have to assemble something with my little helpers and b) it came in an oversized box. My kids love boxes like most kids and will claim a box with as much deranged fervor as a squirrel with a nut. It's pretty funny to watch. I remember dragging a freezer box bigger than Mr. Maricucu up the front steps much to the amusement of the appliance delivery men because I knew that a box that big must.not.be.wasted.

So this week I remembered where I'd hidden the box and here's where the bonus happens. I pulled it out while the boys were playing outside, drew some roads and let them go to town with some chunky recycled crayons I had leftover from the sewing room cleanup.

Photobucket


Pretty soon they brought the cars out and even sooner they'd claimed territory on the town map. Sigh, brothers.

Photobucket


Well what are cars without bridges?

Photobucket


Bridges in odd formations that specifically meant "no younger brothers allowed." Really? I don't read that anywhere on the bridge.

Photobucket


And once the brothers were entertained with something else, the baby thought it made for an amazing dance floor.

Photobucket

P.S.: Note on the first pic. His feet are not that dirty (at least that day), it's the tan from wearing his crocs in the backyard.

No comments: