Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thinking on paper

Every couple of months I get an itch. No not that kind of itch. An itch to rearrange furniture. The kids are used to waking up to some new layout momma tackled the night before. Right now what's itching me is the sewing room.

Photobucket


It's not large by any means, just our teeny little 13'x7' sunroom. However, I'm very thankful to have a spot to spread out, make a mess and not have to pack up the project in progress. It's a blessing but also a curse. The current layout isn't sitting well with me so I'm daydreaming on paper until I find a layout that feels good - at least for the moment.

Photobucket


While I dream on paper, others take the design process to another level. Can you imagine having one of these babies? Talk about never worrying about a fan and flyaway papers. Can you imagine the sewing applications? Downloading patterns directly from the manufacturer's site and then simply projecting it on the fabric! I know. Deep breath. Imagine, no tracing or cutting out patterns. Thud. Anyone that wants to run with this idea, name your price and I guarantee you'll have a market.

Portable Large Interactive Display Concept from Hiep Truong on Vimeo.


No comments: