Sunday, December 13, 2009

What's going on.

Meet one of my favorite snacks. Freshly segmented grapefruit and a few slivers of a rich white cheese. I grew up eating this and it's hard to explain to anyone who hasn't tasted this combination. The cheese can be swiss like my choice or muenster, fresh mozzarella, gouda, etc. The rich fatty cheese perfectly tempers the zippy bite of the grapefruit. I usually segment two or three grapefruit at a time since two of my kids thoroughly enjoy this treat as well. This video quickly demonstrates how to segment a grapefruit. I squeeze my rind cuts and core over the fruit since we love to drink the juice after eating the segments.

Photobucket


To balance my healthful choice above I've been doing my part in ingesting the required amount of holiday calories. Buttery white velvet cookies taste like a richer version of those dutch-in-a-can shortbread cookies.

Photobucket


Finally, I've had a few late night sewing sessions too. This particular one makes me feel like Dr. Frankenstein.

Photobucket

No comments: