Saturday, July 3, 2010

Making momma work for it.

Otherwise known as trying to get a group shot of my kids for Mr. Maricucu's Father's Day present. It's always the biggest challenge and I'll show you why.

First attempt early at the park before playing. They've got that "what you talkin' about Willis" look.

Photobucket


Quickly the shot disintegrates. The second born begins to dig for gold, the baby spots something besides momma and the oldest raises his hand to ask a question. Seriously? My children are homeschooled and they still raise their hands in random moments to ask questions. Proves it's a reflex or something.

Photobucket


I gave up, let them go play and then we went home. Later that afternoon I decided to give it another go first on our front porch. Whoooh boy another question and one that looks like he's in pain.


Photobucket


I told them to make some silly faces in the hopes that it would loosen them up.

Photobucket


No such luck. The youngest is pretty much set on looking elsewhere.

Photobucket


Gah! The questions, the questions! No we are not done. No I cannot take pictures of you tumbling until we get to the back. Why? Because the porch is hard and your head is not. (momma bites her tongue on the every ready sarcasm).

Photobucket


I tell them to give their sister a kiss. She's not so sure and elbows them back into place. Why must they smile as they look down at the ground????

Photobucket

Photobucket


Moving on to the rickety rocking chair my oldest throws me a bone and asks for a picture holding his sister. He really does love her. Too bad she's giving me direction.

Photobucket


Evidence of their love. Earlier at the park guess who was in charge of helping her off the slide?

Photobucket


Finally with promises of playtime we head out to the backyard. It wasn't any better I'll tell you. See my second born? If looks could kill . . .

Photobucket


Oh my goodness the questions!!! She's got a limited vocabulary and yet has the hand raising thing down. Kids, newsflash. We homeschool. You don't have to raise your hand to ask a question.

Photobucket


At some point they're all on the play structure and I snap at what would be a pretty decent picture - if their sister wasn't two feet shorter.

Photobucket


I quickly tell them to sit on a lower spot hoping their sister might grab a spot nearby. Ohhh they look so happy don't they? Not. Normally I'm go with the flow and shots like this I love because they are just as natural as the smiles. But I doubt my extended family would like to get scowling shots being the traditionalists they are.

Photobucket


Right about here is when my oldest absentmindedly asks, "momma are you frustrated?" not knowing I was going to answer stream of consciousness style. Blegh, I sent them off to play and gave up on the group shot. Maybe next year.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Dana said...

I get really bad emails if I send out anything other than a smiling happy baby shot to family too!

I loved reading this...and could totally sympathize...and I only have one child!!!

JayLeigh said...

I'm so sorry you didn't get the group shot you were hoping for. *hugs* What great pictures, though, and what fun memories you will have when you look back on them in the future. ♥

MommaMari said...

Hee! Dana same here. LOL

JL - thank you for the compliments. I definitely love looking back at these moments and see their true personality coming through.