Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Our day.

Allow me to paint you a picture of our day. Two very sick adults that are not prone to doctors' office visits (because we don't get sick a lot and we handle things with herbals, rest, etc.) and their three kids in possibly the tiniest exam room at my doctor's practice. I'm trying to keep the now healthy kids from touching anything lest they pick up another bug and the baby has had it from the moment we walk in. At one point I thought Ashton Kutcher was going to jump out and declare that we had been punked! Chit chat, swab Mr. Maricucu (poor guy didn't know that a flu test would be so painful), chit chat some more and we leave with paperwork for a matching set of chest x-rays. Yay! Not. We head over to the radiology outfit for our internal portraits while the other parent braves the three now sleepy kids in the car. Riding in circles around the parking lot apparently works wonders.

But my mind was not at the doctor's office (other than to make a mental note of never getting sick until all my kids are 18 years old). No I was scheming about a new outfit for the baby.

Photobucket


And a wonderful, comforting new little recipe that unfortunately will have to wait to be tasted until my lungs don't sound like a wash board.

Photobucket

9 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh, Marielle. I hope you all feel better very soon.

Denise said...

hope you feel better soon. no fun at all!
those fabrics looks great.
As do the chips! :)

Ms Moreno said...

I love that heart fabric! Get better soon maricucu crew.

Marin!! said...

Sorry to hear you are sick? Do you need anything? Please let me know if you do.

Marin!! said...

oops, I meant to say "Sorry to hear you are sick!" I was already thinking ahead to the next sentence. Really, don't hesitate to tell me if you need something.

Bernadette said...

Oh I do hope you feel better soon! It's so hard to be sick when you have little ones too. And yuck I also understand the hassle of keeping kids from touching everything at the doctor's office. Would it be totally overprotective to put them in a haz mat suit?

beth said...

Feel better!!!

MommaMari said...

thank you, for the kind healthy wishes. We're starting to feel better little by little.

Laura Argelati said...

Hi, I'm Laura from Italy! I have a blog and I'd wrote a post where is cited also your blog:

http://chebirba.blogspot.com/2009/12/new-links-15-dicembre_15.html

I'd like to invite you to visite my italian blog, bye bye Laura!