Saturday, November 21, 2009

Ooooh he's getting old.

Yes, my little brother turns 24 today. I have to dig in about the age since every year on my birthday he exclaims, "Mari you're getting old!" To which I respond, we're all getting there little bro, one step at a time.

My little brother was born to eight and five year old sisters that saw him as a wonderful new toy. We spoiled him rotten, until he got mobile. Then it was every man for himself while we tried to protect our toys and belongings from the newly mobile ball of energy.

Photobucket


I have only two things to say about this picture. 1) Your eyes are very fortunate he is semi-clothed. For the first three years of his life he had a clothing optional policy. 2) Those boots? Those orthopedic steeled-toed boots and a two year old that was an expert at delivering swift kicks in the shins. Let's just say I can recall seeing stars many a time.

Photobucket


Yeah he was a pretty rough and tumble kid. Always had a scrape, bruise or goose egg going on. I'll direct your attention to the requisite mullets on my sister and me.

Photobucket


The boots, again with the boots. The worst part was that at night he swapped the boots out for a pair of boots strapped to a steel bar that helped straighten his gait. Poor kid.

Photobucket


That lovely awkward stage of 9-11 years old.

Photobucket


My parents signed B. up for soccer at the tender age of 3 years old. It was funny as heck to watch a bunch of 3 year olds running in opposite directions on a field. However they quickly realized that he wasn't interested in soccer and switched him to the ultimate Dominican sport - baseball. He loved it and it truly reigned in all that little boy energy of his.

Photobucket


Once in high school and college he moved onto wrestling and football. Did you know football was big in the south? I wouldn't know, sports don't exist in my world. He does have a heart for coaching kids and from what I hear is pretty good at it.

Photobucket


All I know is that when he shows up my kids shriek in glee at the possibilities of having their Uncle B. as a playmate.

Photobucket


Now this is my future sister in law R. Her birthday was last week and she was spared being featured on the good 'ol blog only because I have no embarrassing photos from her childhood in my possession. Plus I figure she gets to put up with my brother so I'll cut her a little slack.

Happy Birthday to both of you, may God bless you with many more!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Ms Moreno said...

You have a beautiful family, it must be great to have younger siblings. Happy Birthday to your brother and his other half.

MommaMari said...

Thanks Delma. Yeah even after spending a childhood together bossing them around we somehow still speak to each other LOL.