Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'm sure I'm not the only one . . .

. . . knee deep in food prep for Thanksgiving. Monday I made the cranberry relish.

Photobucket


Plus the cornbread and biscuits for the dressing. Dressing recipe to follow after the holiday.

Photobucket


Yesterday I put together the dressing and also made the mashed potatoes. Today, I make the sweet potato pie and pumpkin pie crunch.

Photobucket


Mr. Maricucu gave me a sideways glance and said it was a pretty dangerous thing to have a fridge fully stocked with the equivalent of a Thanksgiving meal. I told him hands off until Thursday - then it's fair game. What I didn't tell him was that the cook had to have a taste. You know, quality control.

Photobucket


Of course, all those years as a tween spent playing Tetris have finally come in handy when putting the food away in the fridge.

No comments: