Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Diary of a ruffian.

Today the boys were doing what they do best - messing up the backyard. I shoo them out the backdoor almost everyday and leave them mostly to their own devices (or so they think). I actually keep an eagle eye on them and leave the kitchen window open so I can fuss at them at appropriate moments.

Photobucket


Today they took out a canvas tent we had hanging in their room that doesn't fit anymore to use over this little toddler climbing structure.

Photobucket


Seeing them in action, I can't help but think Lord of The Flies.

Photobucket


It's about a 50/50 split of creative play like today and then other times when they spend the whole time bugging each other. Which is why I'll let them drag sticks, inside tents and odd pieces outside as long as they play together.

Photobucket


My afternoon was spent gleefully thumbing through this latest Ottobre. I swear sometimes I think I subscribe just for my health since it's been ages that I've sewn up an actual garment. I'm hoping to change that soon and I saw some promising inspiration.

Photobucket


These PJs are adorable and might just sway me from my "PJs are a waste of money" stance. Before anyone raises any eyebrowns my kids run hot and they prefer to wear shorts or boxers and a white undershirt to bed.

Photobucket


Also loving this look, especially the pants. Not much for the baby in this issue but the 1/2009 issue from this year has some nice patterns for her too.

Photobucket

No comments: