Sunday, September 13, 2009

Right about this time last year . . .

I was getting ready to meet this little one. I had been in labor overnight, our first homebirth, and definitely feeling like a family event. The kids had been up all night quizzing the midwife (good thing she's a homeschooling mom too), my close friend and doula had been supporting me all night long and my poor husband was trying to find a way to keep the kids from climbing the wall. Then suddenly, this precious little girl was born and from across the room I heard my oldest pipe up, "is she here? Can I hold her?"

Photobucket


The boys kissed her and gently touched her the minute she was in my arms. This baby had been anticipated by everyone in our small family. While Mr. Maricucu and I have been excited to have every one of our children, this little girl was lucky enough to have a couple of brothers eager to meet her and love on her constantly. They haven't given up on that one bit.

Photobucket


Ahhh, and Mr. Maricucu has grown into the role of a little girl's daddy quite well. I snapped this picture the day after she was born while we had a quiet moment to ourselves.

Photobucket


Now my little seven pound baby is an about the town toddler with a constant grin on her face.

Photobucket


It's been so much fun getting to watch her flourish this past year. How our family has hit a rhythm now. A family of five. Has a nice ring to it.

Photobucket


Today we'll celebrate with a pink fluffy cake . . .

Photobucket


. . . and the perfect gift for an active toddler surrounded by two boys and a couple of dogs.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Ms Moreno said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Delma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Margaret said...

happy b-day baby!

Marin!! said...

Happy Birthday, Little Lady! Your birth was my first homebirth too (and my favorite!)

I hope you guys had a marvelous day yesterday. We were at the beach and so I didn't have access to the computer to send my wishes.

Delma said...

I'm sorry , I figured since you posted her name on NC see that it was okay to use here. So so sorry hope she had a happy birthday.

MommaMari said...

Delma, Margaret and Marin thank you so much for the birthday greetings! She definitely enjoyed her birthday and the family had a nice excuse for a cake. ;)

Delma said...

I'm so glad your little lady enjoyed her day =).

MommaMari said...

Thanks delma!