Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Many projects on my plate

Including, quite literally, quiche. Had another craving today and it seems my fridge wanted to oblige. I had a cup full of sauteed onions and red/yellow bell peppers leftover from another meal and a hunk of pepperjack cheese plus all the fixings for the custard base. I'm normally not a fan of adding cheese to a quiche unless it adds huge amounts of flavor. I mean the custard is really quite rich enough, but pepperjack? I cannot get enough of the heat and sweet combo of pepperjack cheese and caramelized peppers. The crust was another white wheat version pulled from the freezer and I'm just loving it.

Photobucket


Golden top, courtesy of the pepperjack cheese.

Photobucket


This beautifully short napped chenille is destined for a wall in my dining room quite soon. Yup, as if hording it wasn't enough, now swaths of fabric are going up on the walls and no, they are not curtains. It's a beautiful deep sage, much closer to the dark bottom portion of the picture. All I can say is the project involved powertools and keeping a kind employee at Lowes occupied for 45 minutes while I asked him for parts according to my imaginary specs. You know the drill, "Umm I want it to do this, and it can only stick out so far. Yes, and no that won't work because it looks kind of blegh." I'm sure he had a blast.

Photobucket


Lastly, a fiddly but utilitarian little project. If it pans out I'll share a little tutorial right here. If not, well this message will self-destruct about thirty seconds after I mess up. See isn't that convenient?

Photobucket

No comments: