Sunday, July 5, 2009

Lazy Summers = Lazy Me

Photobucket


Ahhh, the lazy days of summer are made for a person like me. I'm not the get up and go person any time of year but having a whole season of the year with a built in excuse is just beyond wonderful. I get to lounge, take my time with projects and even put off the laundry to get out in the garden a bit.

This was yesterday's harvest from where else? The kids garden. A little bouquet of marigolds and batchelor's buttons. I just love that periwinkle color.

Photobucket


Then the first zucchini that I never managed to grow. A decent size which I roasted with other veggies for a vegetable cream cheese spread. More on that later.

Photobucket


Finally some little odd rounded cucumbers which if I hadn't thrown away the seed packet I could tell you the variety. Maybe my mom will make some mizeria (Polish cucumber salad) tomorrow with these little guys.

Photobucket

No comments: